Recipe by: Kraft Foods
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 65 min
Serving Size: 6 – 8
Tools: 2 1/2 quart ovenproof bowl
- 1 pkg (2-layer size) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 T sugar
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz) Jell-O vanilla flavor instant pudding
- ¼ C powdered sugar
- 1 C cold milk
- 2 C thawed Cool Whip
- 1 C Baker’s Angel Flake coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake batter, in 2 ½ qt. ovenproof bowl, as directed on package; scrape side of bowl. Beat cream cheese, egg, and sugar until well blended. Spoon into center of batter in bowl.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in bowl 10 minutes. Loosen cake from bowl with knife using potholders if necessary. Invert onto wire rack. Remove bowl, cool cake completely.
- Meanwhile, beat dry pudding mix, powdered sugar and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 minutes. Stir in Cool Whip. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place cake on plate, frost with pudding mixture. Cover with coconut. Keep refrigerated.