Skip to content
All I Needed to Know in Life I Learned in Quilting Class
- Use a 1/4-inch seam and stick to it. Many small errors become a big one at the end.
- Always close your rotary cutter so no one else is hurt by your carelessness.
- Avoid easy, shortcut methods. Do things the correct way because in the end, the quilt will be better.
- Fractions are your friends. If not, use a calculator.
- Precision counts.
- Don’t trust every ruler. Make sure it’s accurate before using it.
- If things aren’t working right, re-thread your machine and start over.
- Have a good ripper. Mistakes happen.
- Same color materials make a dull quilt. Add contrast to liven things up.
- Start with the hard blocks, then everything else will seem easy.
- Share material. Everyone gets something good out of sharing.
- Practice makes perfect.