Recipe by: Unknown had it on recipe card for years.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Serving Size: about 12 biscuits
Tools: Mixing Bowl, pastry blender, large cookie pan, roller and non-stick surface, shape cutter (this can be any shape you want but most are round)
- 2 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar, sugar, and shortening to mixing bowl.
- Use pastry blender to cut up and mix the ingredients until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in milk and create a dough ball.
- sprinkle a small amount of flour on your hands and the top of the dough ball.
- Remove dough ball from mixing bowl and put on non-stick surface. flatten the ball using the roller or your hands
- Cut out as many biscuits as you can then repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the dough is used up.
- Place cut biscuits on cookie sheet and put in oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from oven add gravy, butter, honey, or jam to make a wonderful meal.
- You can also add eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, tomatoes, lettuce and other ingredients to make a full meal.